Partner account login: Sign In Register

Are you eligible?

Quick eligibility check

Take the quick eligibilty check below. You may be able to qualify for a Home Access package if you answer YES to:

• four questions in Section one, and
• at least one question in Section two.


Section One:

Are you a parent or guardian responsible for and living with a child...

…who is in school years 3 to 9 inclusive?

…who attends a state-maintained school in England full time**?

…who has not already had a computer from a Home Access Grant or similar programme, such as Computers for Pupils?

... who has a Statement of Special Educational Needs, or receives a Disability Living Allowance, or whose school/local authority representative can certify they have Assistive Technology needs?


Section Two:

Do you receive at least one of the following?

• Free School Meals for your child***
• Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Income support
• Child Tax Credit but not Working Tax Credit and an income of less than £16,190
• Guaranteed Pension Credit (not Savings Credit)
• Income-based Employment Support Allowance
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 199


Do you qualify?

If you think you qualify for a Home Access package with Assistive Technology please call the Home Access Helpline on 0333 200 1004* to get an application form.


You must be the adult responsible for the child you are applying for. You must share the same address as the child or be the foster carer of a Looked After Child (who has Special Educational Needs) as defined by the Children Act 1989.


* Calls may be monitored or recorded to maintain high levels of security and quality of service. Calls to this number cost no more than a call to an 01 or 02 number and count towards inclusive minutes in the same way as 01 and 02 calls. These rules apply to calls from any type of line including mobile, BT, other fixed line or payphone.

** or whose place is paid for by their local authority or the Department for Education (DfE). If you have elected to school your child at home they are ineligible for a Home Access package. However, if your child is home schooled as a result of ill health or an ongoing medical condition they may be eligible. State-maintained schools include: primary schools, secondary schools, middle schools, special schools, academies, city technology colleges, pupil referral units. State-maintained schools do not include: independent (private) schools and places at non-maintained special schools not funded by a local authority.

*** Children receiving Free School Meals under the national rules may be eligible for a Home Access package; however, children receiving free school meals as part of the pilots in Durham, Newham and Wolverhampton, or similar pilots across England, will need to provide additional supporting documents